Tuesday 8 May 2012

Do You Really Want TalkTalk?

Well, do you punk? If you don't mind low bandwidth at peak times - and yes, I do mean low - then you best avoid. Me, I'd like decent bandwidth but I can live without peak time streaming of movies. Okay, sometimes I'd like to fire up a streamed movie but alas, with TalkTalk, that can't happen unless I want to wait till midnight...

If you can live with the low bandwidth then you'll be alright. It is, after all, cheap and cheerful - without much of the cheer. For basic internet it's fine. My connection is up most of the time. Ultimately, it all comes down to whether you want a consistent, high bandwidth or you can live with the ups and downs of peak time lows. For the number of times I feel like streaming a movie, I'll just do without a fast, reliable link to the net and stick to saving a few quid with CheapCheap - oops, I mean, TalkTalk. Hopefully in the future there will come a time when such slow broadband is a thing of the past and we can all be connected to the superhighway...

No comments: