Thursday 17 November 2011

What Is The Point Of The Kindle Fire?

What exactly is the Kindle Fire for? It seems to be a low spec Android Tablet. Cheap, yes, but low spec. Why not just get a proper Android tablet and run the Kindle App? I just don't get it. It's not a full on tablet. Nor is it an e-book reader - with a battery life of eight hours I can't call it an e-book. What good is that? If you go into the wilds on holiday, you can only read for eight hours before you're back to buying paper books. Not good. Not good at all.

Now the idea of an e-book, that pretty much acts like a book, doesn't do anything fancy but has a battery life of a month? Now there's an idea...

Me, I'll be keeping my Asus Transformer with the Kindle App. Mind you, having slagged off the Fire, I am actually quite interested in getting myself a kindle e-book reader - and by that I mean their e-book reader not the 'it's not an e-book reader nor is it an Android tablet' Fire.

No comments: